Monday 14 September 2015

What is in my spice cabinet





Welcome to the wonderful world of herbs

As a teenager I was introduced to mixed herbs by a recipe that included Robertsons Mixed Herbs. That spice alone made my food taste as if I had a secret ingredient. Which I did. 

Since then I have bought almost every herb on the shelf to try with my food and individually each herb brings a certain VUMA to each meal I cook. Some more stronger in taste than others, eventually I found what works for me. 

I have no time to grow herbs as yet and I find buying fresh ones in store sees you spend money on something you will use for that day and it eventually expires. 

I have compiled a list of herbs that I cannot live without that you can find at any good grocery store in the Robertson spice range.


Herbs to stock:
Origanum
Sweet Basil
Rosemary
Mint
Mixed Herbs
Bay Leaves
Parsley

I will blog about each herb individually to really go into detail of how it can be your secret ingredient to cooking like a champ.

Click link to watch on my Vlog: https://youtu.be/rejf_SKvhz4

No comments:

Post a Comment